Heroin is not exactly what you’d like to see when you open your kid’s Happy Meal box from McDonald’s, but apparently, that is what was being used to sell the drug out of a McDonald’s drive-thru in Pittsburg, PA.
Shania Dennis, 26, was busted by undercover agents for selling heroin at work, where she would instruct her “customers” to say, “I would like to order a toy” while she was working her shift at the drive-thru, and she would then pass them the drugs in the Happy Meal boxes.
Dennis then proceeded to deny any wrong doing to gathering reporters as she was led away in handcuffs. Police say they found 10 bags of heroin in a Happy Meal box and got another 50 bags of the drug off of the suspect.
According to the AP, the owner of the restaurant didn’t have any idea what was going on and wasn’t involved.
“We have no indication the owner knew of this and neither suspect has, to this point, implicated the owner or anyone else at either restaurant,” said Mike Manko, who is a spokesman for the Allegheny County district attorney’s office in Pennsylvania.
This is the second time this month that a McDonald’s employee in Pennsylvania has been busted for selling drugs at work. According to ABC, Theodore Levon Upshaw, 28, was also arrested when an informant bought drugs from him at the restaurant just off of Route 22 in Murrysville.
Upshaw was fresh off an early release from a three-year prison sentence after he was convicted of possession with intent to deliver. He was living in an alternative housing facility.
The same man, Iftikhar Malik, owns both of the stores busted for heroin sales. He has issued a statement saying,
“As an employer and a member of the community, the safety of our guests and employees is our first priority. The allegations related to this employee do not represent acceptable behaviors and are not consistent with my values. As such, we take these charges very seriously and we are fully cooperating with the authorities. We are also conducting our own thorough internal investigation.”
Investigators don’t, however, believe the drugs sold at either of Malik’s restaurants are linked to fentanyl-laced heroin that are being blamed for 22 fatal overdoses in Pennsylvania in recent weeks.
Image via youtube