If you have an idea for a great Facebook app, you may want to find a way to be in one of twelve locations over the course of the next two months.
The company just announced the locations for World Hack 2012, an event series designed to bring out the best and brightest developers to learn about and get to work on Facebook apps.
Here are the twelve HACK locations this year:
- Austin, USA – August 23
- Mexico City, Mexico – August 27
- Buenos Aires, Argentina – August 29
- São Paulo, Brazil – August 31
- Berlin, Germany – September 11
- Taipei, Taiwan – September 11
- Jakarta, Indonesia – September 13
- Bangalore, India – September 17
- Barcelona, Spain – September 18
- Vancouver, Canada – September 20
- Warsaw, Poland — September 28
- Moscow, Russia – October 1
Each HACK session starts with instructive sessions on the Open Graph, and building for iOS, Android, and the mobiel web.
But the instruction won’t take too long. From the Facebook Developers blog:
[W]e know you’re there to code. We’ll quickly dive into demos and samples to give you everything you need to get started on the HACK itself: an eight hour competition where you get to demonstrate your newfound skills, with hands-on help from Facebook engineers. We finish with team demos and awards for the best apps and projects worked on throughout the day.
Interested parties are asked to register here. Facebook says there will be a “nominal fee” for participation.