This is a survey of 1,000 U.S. adults. See if you can spot the silly results.
– 65 percent of 18-24 year olds were positive about 2011 and are hoping for much of the same in the New Year.
– 76 percent of 45-54 year olds said that it was a hard year and they’re hoping 2012 will be better.
– Losing weight is the top New Year’s resolution for 35% of men
– Same for 47% of women
– 32% of respondents don’t plan to make a New Year’s resolution at all
– 44% plan to spend New Year’s Eve at the beach, in the mountains, or somewhere away from the crowds.
– 34% indicated that tablets are the number one piece of technology they would like to buy in 2012
– 24% said a 3-D TV.
– 35% said they’d like to spend New Year’s Eve with Sandra Bullock when asked about which celebrity they’d likd to do so with.
– 14% said Katy Perry
– 12% said Prince Harry
– 46% of men will be guiding their New Year’s Eve fashion choices baed on “George Clooney’s classic style.”
– 33% of women will be basing theirs on Pippa Middleton.
– 26% plan to mirror their New Year’s resolution diets after Jennifer Lopez.
I’m just going to stop there.
Something tells me that this survey is not incredibly indicative of society as a whole, as much as I’d like to believe that nearly half of all men plan to dress like George Clooney on New Year’s Eve.
Image Credit: http://cooltattoopictures.co.uk/ (Man dressed as George Clooney’s character from From Dusk Til Dawn)